Project Management is at the core of our expertise. The projects that we have managed have typically (but not exclusively) involved the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified and quantified business needs, acquiring and controlling the necessary resources and skills, within agreed cost, timescales and quality.
All projects, whether traditional “waterfall” projects or more open “agile” projects, rely on management of money, time and people for their success. This involves us in:
- setting an organisational strategy governing the direction and conduct of project management
- developing a business case and securing the project budget
- developing and managing the communication plan
- monitoring and controlling resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget
- project communication and managing the expectations of stakeholders
- stakeholder management, internal and external
- selecting methods and tools
- applying suitable methodologies
- change control
- managing testing
- leading project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities
- managing risk in line with change control processes
- ensuring the quality of the project outcomes.
- managing training
- handling the transition into business as usual (BAU) …
… among many other tasks.
We specialise in rescuing strategic, high impact, high risk projects that have gone off track.
Our project managers are skilled and qualified in Agile techniques including PRINCE2:DSDM, DSDM Atern and Scrum (for system development) and more traditional methodologies including: PRINCE2, PMP (Project Management Professional), M_o_R (Management of Risk), PMBoK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) and IT Project +. When managing system development projects we have used RAD (Rapid Application Development), Lean Development and XP (Extreme Programming).
Among our project software we number: MS Project & Project Central, Primavera P3, P3e, P6, PMW (Project Manager Workbench) and several non-standard systems such as Smartsheet, TaskMerlin and RationalPlan Multi Project.
We developed an agile version of PRINCE2 while working at Bovis Lend Lease, blending its essential elements with the basis of DSDM. For National Express we rolled out a built-in-house project management environment and provided a tailored project methodology to Trinity House, all being audited and approved by competent authorities.
To discuss how our Project Management skills we might make a difference to the cost, quality and delivery of your projects phone us on 01386 421747 or use our convenient contact form.